of an old favorite
20 pounds ground beef chuck
8 onions, chopped
8 green bell peppers, chopped
6 pounds tomato sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 1/2 tablespoons A1 steak
1/4 cup crushed red pepper
3 pounds ketchup
2 1/2 tablespoons mustard
64 hamburger buns
* In large skillet, brown the beef, onion, and green pepper over medium-high heat until
brown. Do in small batches, if necessary. Drain excess liquid. Reserve.
* When beef and vegetables are browned, add remaining
ingredients except buns and mix well.
* Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stir occasionally.
* Serve now
or cover with foil and place in oven a 170°-180° to keep warm.
* When ready to serve, bring temperature up, making
it hot and bubbly.
* Place on buns with favorite accompaniment.