grilling as opposed to smoking produces this superior
product. The chicken however has to be continuously tended for a period of time, about 1-1/2 hours. It is worth every minute.
10 pounds chicken leg quarters - - OR
2 chickens, cut into
apple cider vinegar, mixed half/half with water or apple juice
lemon pepper seasoning
Prepare the chicken for grilling. Trim and wash to desired condition.
* Mix the apple cider vinegar/water into a spray
* Prepare grill for cooking. A direct heat grill prepared to a medium to med-high temperature.
* When grill
is ready, place chicken on the grates, skin side up. DO NOT place white meat on the grill and this time. Wait 20 minutes.
* Salt and pepper the chicken. Allow the chicken to cook for about 10 minutes. (careful to keep flair-ups to a minimum.
Closing the lid of the grill usually does it.)
* Turn the chicken salt and pepper again. Cook about 5 minutes. (careful
to keep flair-ups to a minimum. Closing the lid of the grill usually does it.)
* Continue to cook, flipping the chicken,
in the same manner of 10 minute- 5 minute intervals. Remember the white meat goes on the grill after the dark meat has been
cooking for 20 minutes.and gets salt and peppered like above.
* NO MORE SALT AND PEPPER after it has been applied the
* Periodically spray the chicken with vinegar mixture. Two or three times during the cooking process will
* Cook, flip, and spray the chicken at prescribed intervals unil chicken is almost done. About 1-1/2 hours.
* Chicken is done when color is brown and leg/thigh joints move without much resistance.
* Coat chicken with the lemon-pepper
and continue to warm the chicken on hopefully a dying grill fire. If a propane grill, turn flame to low.
* After coating
both sides of the chicken, remove from grill to a serving platter. ENJOY !!!
* YES, both the dark and white meat will
be done at the same time.